1. Fill your sink/bucket with some COLD water and set the cover in it, swishing it around a bit to make sure the stained parts get wet.
2. Let it sit for about 10-15 mins to try and lift the stain out.
3. Drain the water and rub the stains with a bar of olive oil soap, some wool wash, or a bar of original Ivory! Very gently work the soap into the stain. At this point the stain should be pretty much gone.
4. Fill the sink back up with cold or tepid water, put the cover in and swish it around. Again, gently rub the spots where you rubbed the soap on to make sure it's all out.
5. Drain the water, gently lift the cover and set it onto a towel. Roll the cover up in the towel to remove excess water.
6. Remove from the towel and lay flat to dry.
If you want to give the whole cover a cleaning while you're at it, just add a capful of Eucerin to step #4 and let it sit for 15 mins before draining :) The key to each step here is to always handle your wool cover gently, never rubbing too hard or else you might felt it. Also, never use HOT water or else it'll probably shrink up on you!
|Nice & Clean!|